Students receiving federal aid must demonstrate each year that they are progressing satisfactorily towards completion of their degree program in order to maintain their eligibility for that assistance. A course withdrawal, a course repetition, a course incomplete, and/or academic bankruptcy are counted in the total credit hours attempted. At the end of each semester, the Financial Aid Office evaluates the academic progress of each student who received financial assistance. In order to maintain eligibility for all federal aid, students must meet the following criteria:
Maintain a Palm Beach Atlantic University cumulative GPA of at least 2.0 for undergraduate students and 3.0 for graduate students.
Complete at least two thirds (2/3) of their attempted credits to date.
Please note that the following conditions apply:
- Attempted credits include credits transferred from another institution that have been accepted towards their degree program at Palm Beach Atlantic
- Attempted credits include course withdrawals and repeated courses.
- Attempted credits include all courses in which the student has earned a grade including a grade of incomplete.
- Attempted credits include credit hours forgiven under the Palm Beach Atlantic University Academic Policy forbankruptcy.
- Completed courses include all courses that the Office of the Registrar has determined will be credited towards completion of the student’s
- Students will become ineligible for any federal assistance after attempting 150% of the required credits to complete their degree.