Skip to content

Loan Dispute Intervention

If you have a dispute over a loan in one of the following loan programs and you cannot resolve it with your school, your lender, or your guarantor, contact the Ombudsman Group of the U.S. Department of Education.

Federal Loans include:

  • Federal Family Education Loan (Stafford Loan, Parent Loan)
  • William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan
  • Federal Perkins Loan

Self Resolution Checklist is available for your use to ensure that you have done everything yourself to resolve your problem. If you have done everything and the issue is not resolved, you may fill out the Ombudsman assistance request form and/or contact them directly.

Be ready to:

  • Identify the problem
  • Define your expectations
  • Describe actions already taken to resolve the problem
  • Provide documentation to support your position

To contact the FSA Ombudsman Group, you can use the FSA Feedback Center to manage a complaint or use the contact information below.

U.S. Department of Education
FSA Ombudsman Group
P.O. Box 1843
Monticello, KY 42633
Phone | 877.557.2575
Fax | 606.396.4821

Back to main screen