February 1, 2019 - We are seeing increased cases of the flu on campus. Here is some important information for you:
- Our walk-in hours are Monday through Friday, 7:30am to 12:00pm. Afternoon hours are by appointment.
- Most of our students are young and healthy and will recover with no complications. Seek medical treatment early if you have other health issues to consider.
- After hours or on the weekend, check with your insurance company for assistance with covered urgent care centers. There are several urgent care centers located in the area. Do not go to the emergency room unless you are experiencing severe symptoms. Most cases of the flu do not require ER treatment. The ER is more expensive and the lines will be long this time of year.
- Symptoms of the flu include high fever, cough and body aches. Symptoms can be treated with fever reducers such as Advil or Tylenol, plenty of fluids and rest.
- Stay out of communal living areas if you are ill. It is your responsibility to contact your professors if you are too ill to attend class.
- Flu shots are still available for FREE for all PBA students! Most of the cases of the flu we have seen were in students who did not receive a flu vaccine.
Don't hesitate to reach out to us during regular office hours if you have any questions or concerns. We can be reached at 561-803-2576